The New Jersey Association of Verismo Opera announces the company’s 2019 event and concert series. Concerts feature professional artists performing arias from the world’s most famous operas at local festivals, libraries, and other locations. Audiences also enjoy classic songs from Broadway and operettas. This program has been made possible in part by a grant administered by the Bergen County Department of Parks, Division of Cultural and Historic Affairs from funds grants by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts.
Free Concerts and Events
These events and concerts are free and open to the public.
- Sun., June 2. 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Fort Lee Arts & Music Festival. Lemoine Avenue between Main Street and Bruce Reynolds Boulevard. Fort Lee, NJ. The event takes place rain or shine. Patrons, stop by Verismo Opera’s booth and also pick up information about upcoming concerts and events. While there, take a look at DVDs of Verismo Opera’s productions and photos and posters of Lucine Amara also available with a donation.
- Thurs., July 18. 7:00 p.m. Davis Johnson Park. 137 Engle Street, Tenafly, NJ. In the event of rain, the concert takes place at the Clinton Inn, 145 Dean Drive in the same municipality.
- Mon., July 29. 7:00 p.m. Oradell Free Public Library. 375 Kinderkamack Road, Oradell, NJ.
- Sun., August 4. 2:00 p.m. Fort Lee Library. Auditorium. 320 Main Street, Fort Lee, NJ.
- Thurs. through Sun., August 7-11. 7:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Saint Rocco’s 90th Annual Italian Feast. 110 Main Street. Fort Lee, New Jersey. Hosted by Saint Rocco Italian-American Mutual Aid Society. Visit Verismo Opera’s table. Also, learn more about our upcoming concerts. In addition, DVDs of Verismo Opera’s productions and photos and posters of Lucine Amara will be available with a donation.
Parking and Accessibility
Parking is available in designated lots and also on the street. Verismo Opera is committed to ensuring its programs and services are accessible to all. Designated handicapped parking is available. For further information, patrons with specific questions about the physical features of a facility where Verismo Opera performs or requiring a special accommodation should contact us at least two weeks prior to an event.
Verismo Opera presents private concerts for a range of audiences — youngsters, senior citizens, veterans, and developmentally challenged, among others. During 2019, the company presents private concerts for several organizations’ residents and consumers, including New Dimension, Five Star Home, The Paramus Veterans Memorial Home, The Lillian Booth Actors Home, and other locations. Invite Verismo Opera to speak or perform for your group, office, college, club, school, library, or house of worship.
For further information about Verismo Opera, the summer events and concerts series, requests to perform in concert, and other details, contact email@example.com. Looking for updates? Follow the organization on Facebook and Twitter.