Verismo Opera to Hold Auditions for Dancers
Young adult, semi-professional or professional classical ballet dancers are invited to apply and perform in the New Jersey Association of Verismo Opera’s grand production of Giuseppe Verdi’s Aida. Celebrating its 28th season, Verismo Opera seeks to collaborate with ballet schools in New Jersey, preferably from Bergen County, to provide ballet students, ages 16 to 20 years of age, or older professional dancers interested in performing opportunities with the largest professional, grand opera company in Bergen County.
Under Artistic Director Lucine Amara, a Metropolitan Opera luminary, Verismo Opera, the house opera company of the Bergen Performing Arts Center (bergenPAC), presents fully staged productions with traditional sets, costumes, the Verismo Opera Chorus and a live orchestra. The company’s performance of Aida will take place on Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 3:00 p.m. at bergenPAC in Englewood, New Jersey. For information about this opportunity, contact Stage Director/General Manager Evelyn La Quaif or Technical Director Giovanni Simone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The New Jersey Association of Verismo Opera is currently hiring ringers to perform with the Verismo Opera Chorus in the company’s debut of Amilcare Ponchielli’s La Gioconda on April 17, 2016. Ringers are needed in the following vocal categories to be section leaders: three first sopranos, three altos, three first tenors, three second tenors, and three bass baritones.
Compensation for one performance is $250. Interested singers must attend at least one musical rehearsal, one staging, the dress rehearsal and the performance.
This is also an opportunity for artists with good vocal potential to pursue further solo engagements with the company. All of Verismo Opera’s productions are presented fully staged with professional sets, a full orchestra and the cast in period costumes at the Bergen Performing Arts Center, a 1,400 seat theatre located in Englewood, New Jersey.
Travel accommodations from New York City to Englewood, New Jersey are available for singers interested in joining the production. Anyone interested must contact immediately the Verismo Opera Chorus Coordinator Mary Ellen Rohon at email@example.com.
Children’s Chorus Director
The New Jersey Association of Verismo Opera seeks candidates for the position Children’s Chorus Director. Applicants with the requisite training and experience are invited to apply today.
- Recruit and develop a large group of children ages nine to fourteen, who will gather weekly for music teaching and development.
- Recruitment for each production must be coordinated with Verismo Opera artistic staff and selected marketing company to ensure audition dates and information are properly channeled to the media.
- Attend regular planning and development meetings with other music staff, Chorus Director, Principal Conductor, and board representative.
- Direct children in rehearsals and planned bi-annual productions.
- Work with Chorus Director, Principal Conductor, Stage Director and Stage Manager to achieve production goal standards.
Plan, choose, and rehearse planned production activity for the year in cooperation with Verismo Opera music staff.
The Director of the Young Children’s Chorus will be responsible to the Verismo Opera Principal Conductor and Artistic Director. An evaluation will take place each spring with an interview conducted by a committee selected by the Verismo Opera board of directors.
- Current compensation covers only travel expense not in excess of $300 for each production.
- Additional compensation is based on the size and artistic excellence of the current Children’s Chorus.
- Inclusion of the Children’s Chorus Director in the current Verismo Opera artistic staff.
- Additional income to the Children’s Chorus Director will be provided by children’s private lessons and exposure to his/her work in professional Verismo Opera productions.
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.